Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Messy Yard Art

Today was an amazingly fun-filled day at God's Garden!!

We enrolled our first boy this morning, so now we've evened the scale!  My lil pinkalicious princess now has someone to play with who can expand her thinking to more than just princesses and pink!  What a joy to watch them play together!  Jay enjoys having another boy around too.  They get to play a little louder, faster, and rougher than when there was just a sweet-as-pie princess!

This morning, Jay had a friend from school come over with her two little sisters.  So, we had six kids in all and they all had a blast!  After a fun, singing/dancing/story time with my two pre-K kids, we headed outside to expand our thoughts about circles!  They're not all flat!!  (and, they're not all perfectly round!)  I gave the kids plates of paint and many different sizes of balls.  They got to dip the balls into the paint and toss it at a big piece of paper that I had clothes-pinned to the fence.  Oh what fun they had!!!  Some of them had trouble - just at first - getting used to the idea that they really could get as messy as they wanted!  Go ahead!! THROW THAT PAINT! I encouraged them all until they had as much paint on them as they did on the paper!  Then, forget the balls, we want to finger paint!  Starting out with hand-prints, the kids got into painting with their fingers, then sticks they found on the ground, even some rocks, and then Jay (OH JAY) took the bottles of paint and just started tossing it at his paper!  At that point - as beautiful as his creation was - I had to put a stop to it or I'd run out of paint (which I think I came close to doing anyway)!!!

Stay tuned for the rest of the week!  I've got several more art projects in mind as we explore circles, ovals and crescents with various materials!

No comments:

Post a Comment